Saturday, July 27, 2013

Bald Eagle Camellia's Location, James River Bald Eagle Pairs, Eagle Watching, Raptors On Feathered Photography Blog

Camellia checked in late last night. He's near the intersection of Princess Anne Rd and Kempsville Rd.

I zoomed in and it looks like he's in a neighborhood on Belingham Rd:

My friend Diane pointed out this story about Bald Eagle pairs in the James River region. CCB conducted aerial surveys in March and May and have announced their findings. I poked around and found a blog post by Dr Watts that I had missed. He discusses their findings and presents a graph and picture.

Here's a story about relocating an eagle nest so it would be away from power lines. I'd like to see a follow-up story once the resident eagles return to their nest for the next nesting season... See how the eagles react and if they take to the new location. This could have some implications on what's happening with the Norfolk Botanical Garden (NBG) eagles.

I found this story about a bunch of people coming together watching a bald eagle nest. It reminds me of that magical time, watching the NBG nest...

I haven't looked at Ron Dudley's Feathered Photography blog recently. Check out these four posts: Red-tailed Hawk -- Northern Harrier -- Prairie Falcon -- American Kestral. Amazing pictures of beautiful birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment