Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Locations for Bald Eagles Camellia and KE, Neat Picture, Hog Island Maine Osprey Cam

Reese's last location for Camellia was on 7/20, and our boy hadn't gone very far since then. Since today is 7/23, I checked the tracker for his most recent check-in and it still says 7/20. I guess that's why Reese hasn't posted a location today. Camellia got his transmitter on May 5, 2010. I hope he isn't running out of juice!

There is also an update posted by Reese for KE's location. She hasn't gone too far either. Maybe it's too hot for flying and our babies are spending a lot of time perching in a shady spot.

Check out this picture I found. Do you see it? (Darn it. I always double check my links and it opened a different picture. So, I've updated the link. But if it doesn't open a picture of a purple flower with a surprise, try moving a few pictures one way or the other. This morning it was picture 23, now it's picture 26. Grrr.)

I have found a fantastic Osprey Nest Cam. The picture is as crystal clear as the NBG Eagle Cam used to be. The nest is on Hog Island, Maine. There are two youngsters that are doing a lot of wingercizing. I look at it on a page where it's embedded, but you may do better by googling it. This is a fantastic cam: beautiful scenes and a great picture. And look at all the stuff in this nest. Osprey are the biggest collectors of junk! Check out these screen captures!

Something has caught their attention.

 This picture shows the buff colors of the babies, front and back:

Nice close-ups with this cam:


I think it's pretty universal. Hot babies seek whatever shade they can find. And Mommas are happy to oblige.

They take turns wingercizing:


And sit quietly enjoying the view:

Feeding time for one of the babies:

Until the other comes forward to be fed:

Here's the whole family. You have to be quick to catch Dad on the nest. He will drop off a fish and leave. I tried for a better s'cap, but he flew away:

No comments:

Post a Comment