Friday, July 12, 2013

Bald Eagle Camellia's Location, Sex Lives of Birds, Momo, Thresher Sharks, Bald Eagle #13-0174 Did Not Survive, Well-preserved Woolly Mammoth, People Bond at a Connecticut Bald Eagle Nest, Bald Eagles in Southern Maryland

Camellia is back at Kemps Lake.

Here's an interesting article about the sex lives of birds. And FYI: If you answer the question, it really does show the rest of the article...

The Find Momo from 7/11 made me laugh out loud when I finally spotted Momo. He really does blend in!

New research has figured out that Thresher Sharks use their tails to slap a school of fish, killing their prey. There's video on the page, but I got more out of the series of stills further down the page... 

On 7/7, I wrote about Bald Eagle #13-1740 that was admitted to the Wildlife Center of Virginia. This eagle had been covered in a sticky substance and was emaciated. Sadly, WCV announced that the eagle did not survive. A necropsy revealed several problems, but couldn't say which caused its death.

A well-preserved Woolly Mammoth has been found.

Here's a story of a Bald Eagle nest in Connecticut. The article discusses how a variety of people, who would have never otherwise met, have come together while watching this nest. That's what happened with the nest at the Norfolk Botanical Garden. I became friends with so many people that I wouldn't have ever known if not for that nest. What a wonderful, life-changing experience!

I was happy to find an article: Bald Eagles Thriving in Southern Maryland. I am from Southern Maryland and plan to move back there soon. I hope I can find a nest or two to watch. This article gives me some ideas on where to look!

No comments:

Post a Comment