Friday, December 20, 2013

Bald Eagle Camellia's Location, Pam Monahan's Post About Bald Eagle HK, First Hatch of the Season at the Northeast Florida Eagle Cam Nest, Berry College Eagle Cam

I know I already posted once today. But that was another rant about the NBG nest. And there is other Bald Eagle news to blog about, so, here's a bonus post for today!

Bald Eagle Camellia checked in. His solar battery doesn't do very well when it's overcast, so we missed him during all of our recent rainy weather. As it turns out, he's close to home!

Pam Monahan had another really great visit with Bald Eagle HK out at Honey Bee Golf Course yesterday. I really enjoy getting the story along with the pictures!

Congratulations to the proud parents at the Northeast Florida Eagle Cam nest! The first egg hatched today. The second egg at this nest (and the first one at the Southwest Florida nest) should hatch in the next couple of days. Here's the scene at the Northeast Florida nest - Mom was very alert and adjusted the soft grasses several times while I watched:

I also like to check in with the Berry College Eagle Cam nest. You just never know who is going to be at home. This pair seem to be at the nest quite often. I can usually find one at home in the evening and tonight I found both at home:

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chris, it's heartbreaking to see today is the fourth day with no food, no parents around for Nessi. The african eagle...He is getting weaker and weaker, I'm going to stop watching this cam.can't take it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Conny, I've been at my Mom's house for Christmas without internet access. I'm home now and just looked in on this nest (evening of 12/27) and the youngster appears to be fine. Preening and doing some vigorous wingercizing. The people in chat are anticipating fledging at any moment. I think everything is ok at this nest... I know it can be difficult to watch nature-cams sometimes, but hang in there. I think this one is ok. Here's the address if anyone else is interested: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/africam-black-eagle

      Delete