Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Norfolk Botanical Garden Bald Eagle Nest Is Torn Down Again, Bald Eagles NX and KE's Locations, Northeast Florida Eagle Cam on Pip/Hatch Watch, Converting Algae to Crude Oil, Multivitamins, Penguins Staying Warm, Threat to Habitat of African Lesser Flamingos

Bald Eagle Dad Norfolk's nest has been torn down again by the USDA under a permit issued to the City of Norfolk. These people want to go to the expense as few times as possible. So, what they do, is they wait until a nest is almost finished and then tear it down. The Bald Eagles will never stop trying to follow nature's imperative to reproduce. The idiots on Norfolk's city council might as well shake their fists at the sky when it rains. Idiots. The mayor too. Thomas Smigiel is the only one with a brain on the city council. It's just heartbreaking to know that this has happened again. These people, besides being incredibly stupid, are heartless and cruel. Just because you can exert your will over weaker animals doesn't mean that you should. And these people have to ignore the advice of experts to continue along this path that they have chosen. If you live in Norfolk, please vote them out!

Bald Eagle NX has finally checked in! She is near her release site. And there is an update for Bald Eagle KE as well.

The Northeast Florida Eagle Cam Bald Eagle nest is on pip/hatch watch. The Southwest Florida nest is 3 days later.

I've mentioned before how much we need to get away from foreign oil. I came across this article today about converting algae into crude oil. How awesome is that?

I take multivitamins. I think it's beneficial. But, maybe it's not...

Penguins huddle up to stay warm. Watch the video to see how the group moves as one.

African Lesser Flamingos habitat is threatened by development.

2 comments:

  1. Chris, the situation with the idiots tearing the nests down is both heartbreaking and infuriating. Sorry I've been awol. I have been reading your blog. Thank you for keeping it going. The last time I commented, I told you that my bird, Miss Moses, had a lesion on her foot and arthritis, and that she was receiving laser therapy. Sadly, she passed away on Oct. 8. The vets think she had a stroke or her heart gave out due to all the stress caused by her condition. I miss her everyday but am glad she is no longer suffering. Her companion, Madison, has a new companion now and they are getting along well. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas. I wish I could say the same for Dad Norfolk and DT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, so sorry to hear of your loss. I've lost a couple of dogs over the years and know it's heartbreaking to lose a member of your family like that. I'm glad Madison has a new companion. Birds are such social animals!

    I can't understand why the city of Norfolk persists with such folly. I hope they decide at some point to listen to the experts. It may take electing a new City Council and Mayor though.

    ReplyDelete