Tuesday, January 5, 2016

My "I'm a dumb-ass" Orchid

I have Cattleya Orchids that I've bought online and never seen in bloom. I was so excited when this Orchid put up a bloom: 

It was only one flower, but I'd had this plant for years and was excited to see it bloom for the first time!


Finally, the bloom opened up! Isn't it pretty!? But I don't like the background...

I don't like this background either...

What do I have to do to get a decent looking background? My dirty shed and my neighbor's deck in the background is not cutting it!

I took the plant down from the s-hook where it was hanging, walked down the ramp and toward the front yard, where I was going to give it a better background. Then after I got some good pictures, it was going inside so I could enjoy the bloom. But hey! Where's the flower? I looked back where I had just traversed and found the bloom laying on the ground. What a dumb-ass! I had knocked it right off of the plant! So, I used my scissors to freshen the cut end, put it in a shallow cup of water, and enjoyed it for about a week and a half before it wilted and died. It was a beauty!


No comments:

Post a Comment