Monday, June 24, 2013

Black Bears on Critter Cam, Brown Thrashers, Keeping Nests Clean

Last night I mentioned that Buddy is on the Wildlife Center's Critter Cam. They actually have two Critter Cams. They've got 8 Bear Cubs on their other cam! That's a lot of bears! I got a s'cap with at least a part of each cub...

I've had some Brown Thrashers settle in at my yard. I'm always surprised to see them eating the bird food that I put out. Then one really surprised me when it finished eating some bird food, then grabbed a peanut and flew away. I didn't know they liked peanuts. (In the shell...) I put out extra peanuts now!

Ron Dudley posted on his Feathered Photography blog about Ravens collecting chick feces at the nest. One of his blog readers left a link to this video, about why baby birds don't need diapers. Pretty gross. But it is necessary to keep the nest clean...



No comments:

Post a Comment