Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Camellia's Location, Alcoa Osprey, Collective Animal Names, Bird and Fish Ballet, WCV Buddy Archives, and Thanks For 5000 views!

Camellia is back at Nanney's Creek.

The Alcoa Osprey are pretty big now. They are wingercizing and building their flight muscles. They are 6 weeks old now and will fledge at 8-10 weeks.

In my very first blog post, I included a link to collective nouns for birds. Now I have found an article of "99 strange collective animal names" broken down into the following categories: mammals and marsupials, birds, reptiles and amphibians, fish, invertebrates. "An intrusion of cockroaches..." You can say that again!

Here's a video of a bird ballet and a different article about fish doing basically the same thing, except in water... Scientists aren't sure how or why they do this. But it's amazing to watch.

I came across the WCV Buddy Archives the other day. Thought you might appreciate me sharing a link...

My blog hit a milestone today! I started this blog less than 4 months ago and today it hit 5000 views! The below capture is displayed on the blog page in the left-hand column. The peaks and valleys represent daily views. The two peaks on the right are when I posted my pictures of Buddy and the video of Buddy. Pretty neat! Thanks to all of you that follow my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment