Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My first post! An explanation and some links...

I created this blog because the Norfolk Eagles Forum is closing down. There are links and information there that I don't want to lose. And I want to be able to continue to post about the interesting things I find on the internet.

This first post is going to be mostly links that I've found in the past and had posted on the Forum. Here's what I've found that still works.

Pictorial guide to figuring the age of Bald Eagles

Pages of bird pictures I haven't been through all of these pages of pictures. But there are some real beauties in here. I did find one inappropriate pic, so you are forewarned.

Training for nest monitors in Iowa There is some really great info here for anyone that wants to observe or photograph Bald Eagles.

Someones idea of the 3 best national parks for seeing Bald Eagles.

Lawrence Lewis Jr Park on the James River

The SW FL eagle cam (Ozzie and Harriet)

Longevity Records of North American Birds This is a great web site! It gives the oldest ages that have been determined for North American birds. Very interesting. It covers how the age was determined, where the bird was, and if it was dead or alive.

Carolina Bird Club Eagle pics

Articles to read There are two articles here, so scroll down for the second article. Here's a quote, "If I see an eagle, and I've got a gun, I'm taking a shot at it."

Osprey fishing video This video is incredible!

Bald Eagle costume It looks fairly easy to make this costume.

Article of Bald Eagles using a man-made nest

Video (documentary) about restoring Bald Eagles to the Channel Islands

VIMS Osprey Cam They are putting in a new cam for 2013. The cam was taken out by lightening.

The Beauty of Pollination I don't know who Ted is, but this video is awesome!

Video of an owl flying at a camera I like the outstretched feet and talons at the end.

Collective nouns for birds How to refer to a bunch of birds: A mob of Emus. A scold of Jays. A clamor of Rooks.

Three Bald Eagles fight over a fish A story with 2 pictures.

Events at the James River National Wildlife Refuge There is a lot of wildlife at the refuge.

 That's it for now. Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

  1. Chris, looking forward to following your blog. Good luck. Hugs, Shoebutton♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris...long time no chat... I love it, way to go!! Looking forward to reading more!! Good luck XOXO
    Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! I can't believe you found me here! It has been a long time! So glad you found this!

      Delete
  3. Hi Chris ~ I look forward to keeping up with your new blog. I sure miss the "old days." This is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is amazing! I can't believe how many friends from way back are finding this blog! I really appreciate all the support.

      Delete
  4. Thank you Chris for starting this blog. I really appreciate it so much. Good luck and we are behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You Chris for creating this blog!!! You have obviously put a lot of work into it! As an 'old-timer', I love the idea of getting together again, with people who just want to keep in touch and share our love of eagles, and animals in general. Yipppeeeee!!!
    Susan alias Merri from RI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merri! I'm so glad you found the blog! It's great to see you here!

      Delete
  6. Thank you Chris for creating this wonderful blog. I became a Norfolk Eagle fan in 2011 and enjoy learning all I can. Your photos are amazing and you have included such valuable information! Many thanks again, I know so many folks will be for ever grateful!

    ReplyDelete