Monday, February 25, 2013

Banding of HH (Azalea), HK, and HE April 22, 2009

This was my first post on the Norfolk Eagles Forum, and I'm copying it here because I want to preserve it. This was my first time seeing a Bald Eagle up close and I couldn't get over how big these "babies" were. I even referred to one as a monster -- a reference to size. These pictures were all taken with my little point-and-shoot. Here's the post:


The table was far away and my zoom was not up to snuff



And the crowd goes wild


One of the monsters (this is actually Azalea - and she was by far the biggest of the three)



The baby (this is HE -- the little sister)


Big size difference (Azalea on the left, HE on the right)

This band is HH (later named Azalea when she was fitted with a transmitter)



The solar powered transmitter will be fitted on one of the eaglets in May and will track its movements for a few years


The youngest, HE. You can just see her band.



l-r Dr Watts (HH-Azalea), Reese Lukei (HK), Stephen Living (HE)
The money shot: L-R Dr Bryan Watts with Sunday (HH -- Azalea), Reese Lukei with Saturday (HK), and Stephen Living with Wednesday (HE) -- up until this point, the eaglets were referred to by their hatch days.

Mom and Dad Norfolk as I was leaving

4 comments:

  1. Chris;
    This is going to be FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found the blog Pam! I have a really good feeling about this!

      Delete
  2. Chris, just to let you know, I shared your blog link with the WOW forum (Windows On Wildlife), many NBG Eagle fans on WOW. Hugs, Shoebutton♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great! I really appreciate everyone's help getting the word out.

      Delete