Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Azalea's Transmitter Placement May 20, 2009

I posted pictures and links to two videos from the day that Azalea was fitted with her transmitter. I am copying my forum post to my blog so it's not lost.


Azalea was hooded to keep her calm during the transmitter fitting. She is being passed from Libby Mojica to Dr Bryan Watts. Libby is responsible for fitting the transmitters on Bald Eagles.

She was surprisingly calm without the hood

Azalea's transmitter. She is being held by Dr Bryan Watts.

Another view of Azalea's transmitter.

Transmitter and look at those wings!!

The transmitter strap is fitted like a backpack.

Eaglet gives an exclusive interview

Azalea's profile
 It was during the transmitter fitting that I realized that my little point-and-shoot could take video. So I tried it out and posted the following videos. The first part, I actually was holding my camera sideways (rookie mistake) and posted sideways video. Since then, I've gotten software that can rotate video, so it's not sideways any more... Here are the links:

3 comments:

  1. And that transmitter is still letting us know where Azalea travels. Hope that's an Energizer battery.

    Thank you so much for saving this wonderful material from the forum. It can't all be scooped up, but you're doing a great job of preserving much of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm so happy her transmitter is still working. I know we aren't supposted to have favorites, but Azalea is my favorite. I hope we eventually get to see where she builds her nest!

      If anyone has any suggestions for stuff to try to save from the forum, I'd love to hear about it. A link to the particular page would be great!

      Delete
    2. Chris7,
      Thanks for keeping some kind of communication open regarding the NBG Eagles. It is greatly appreciated and many thanks!
      Shiloh63

      Delete