Sunday, January 19, 2014

Berry College Bale Eagle Nest, Osprey Sighting, Norfolk International Airport Is Added As A Defendent In EAO's Lawsuit

Here's my s'cap from today from the Berry College Bald Eagle nest. She looks like she is laying pretty loose, must be a warm night. If it was cold out, she'd have her wings in close. If she were to lay a third egg, it will happen tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

I saw an Osprey yesterday. A little early in the year for Osprey to be here. But, that's what it was...

Eagle On Alliance has added the Norfolk International Airport as a defendant in their lawsuit. Good! If the airport had done any kind of job of mitigating the threat of wildlife at the airport, Mom Norfolk would not have been struck and killed by a plane. The airport is negligent and Norfolk's City Council and Mayor Fraim are letting them get away with it by trying to mitigate the threat with nest removal and harassment of the eagles at the Norfolk Botanical Garden. This entire situation is just sickening. I will never spend another dime in Norfolk.

I'm heading to Chincoteague tomorrow to see if I can spot a Snowy Owl. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment