Monday, February 24, 2014

Berry College Bald Eagle Nest 2 Day Old Chick, Bald Eagle Camellia Checked In, Screen Captures of The Florida Bald Eagle Nests

Day 2 for the little hatchling at the Berry College Bald Eagle nest. (Tomorrow is day 39 for the other egg if it's the one that was laid second. If it's going to hatch, it will be tomorrow. If it's the one that was laid first, then it's not viable...) Feeding time for junior:

This is Mom's feet. See how the left foot (her bad leg) has no weight on it? Right before I took this s'cap, she was stretching out that leg. I wonder if it is starting to heal...

Bald Eagle Camellia is back on the southside after taking in the sights in Hampton. I went looking for him on Saturday after I left Honey Bee, but he'd already moved on. That's why he's known as "the stinker"...

I took a quick look at the Florida nests. At the Northeast nest, one baby was awake and preening while the other was laying down in the background:

It also looks to be a restless night at the Southwest Florida nest. That's a nice big crop. I love how well the talons show up under IR light:

No comments:

Post a Comment