Friday, October 2, 2015

Big Sur Condor Day 139, Harrison Bay Eagles, White-bellied Sea Eagles Day 57 & 58, Loch of the Lowes Osprey Migration Update, Southwest Florida Cam Is Up, Flooding/Verizon DSL Sucks!

I didn't get to do a blog entry yesterday. (See explanation at bottom.) So, here are the s'caps from yesterday. The Big Sur Condor chick is still hanging around the nest. I found out that the chick accidentally adjusted the camera angle while wingercizing. And they can't approach the nest to fix it because the chick is too old. 

This is the lead-free feeding area for the condor flock.

It was a wet day at the Harrison Bay Eagle nest yesterday. But we did get to see both adults. Here's one.

And then two.

Peeking through the branches in a different tree.

They are going to continue to do nestorations to prepare for the next nesting season.


Later in the day, they both visited the nest.

I think the branch being moved is covered in lichen.



They both briefly perched in the nest before flying away. This is the last s'cap I got yesterday before I lost my internet.

And this was yesterday at the White-bellied Sea Eagle nest.

Wingercizing:

SE15 is looking sideways at SE16, who is pooping. These two are funny...

Big stretch.


I also got some s'caps of the White-bellied Sea Eagles for today:

They really fan the heck out of each other when they wingercize. The other chick is in the process of standing up to get out of the way.

They are looking full grown.

SE16 does a couple of big stretches.


Zoomer gave us some close-ups of SE16:


Then it's back to nap time.

There is a new Loch of the Lowes Osprey blog entry about FR3 and FR4's migrations.

The Southwest Florida Eagle Cam is running now. I know people that love Ozzie are still upset, but it will be interesting seeing what happens now at this nest.


When there are super high tides, I lose my internet connection. Here's why... This is the junction box for my telephone line, without flooding:

And with flooding:
Whenever it floods or even rains real hard, I lose my telephone. Which meand that I lose my internet since I have DSL. It's been several hours now since high tide and the box has dried enough for me to get a decent connection. But, high tide is coming again, so my blog entries might be spotty... And this entry is rushed because I'm scared I'll lose my internet before I can hit the post button...

No comments:

Post a Comment