Wednesday, October 7, 2015

White-bellied Sea Eagles Day 63, Video of the Africam Black Eagle Kendi Flying, Center For Conservation Biology Paper About Their Woodpecker Translocation Preparations, Shelties Playing, Don't Let The Door Hit 'Ya Mayor Fraim!

The White-bellied Sea Eagle chicks were up early this morning.

Their bird neighbors were being noisy. It seems like he first thing a songbird wants to do upon waking is sing!

I like it when I catch them in similar poses. It makes comparing them easier. I which that tree trunk/branch wasn't in the way...

Something has caught their attention.

I wonder if they still have some growing to do. Their wingspans don't look full size yet.

Their chests are finally the same shade of brown. It took SE15 a while to catch up to SE16 in this regard.

It's fun watching them watch the same thing.

I found this video that was posted yesterday by the Africam Black Eagle folks of Kendi flying (3:00). It looks like she has mastered the art of flying (although there was a missed landing). Sometimes she is hard to track against the rock and brush background -- Great job to the videographer!
 
The Center for Conservation Biology has published a paper: Biologists Prepare For Historic Woodpecker Move. I'm interested in finding out how well this works. I hope they write another paper with the results...
 
I posted this on my dog blog, but I love this video so much and wanted to share it here too. I had my phone with me at the right moment today. The Shelties had a little impromptu play session today. They are so much fun! Check out the Shelties Playing video (0:38) -- Shannon is laying down and Sky is standing up:
 
Awesome news out of Norfolk!! Mayor Fraim will not run for reelection! Maybe the city can now get someone in there who has some common sense! You can read my thoughts on this guy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment