Sunday, November 24, 2013

Orchid Update With Pictures, Camellia (The Plant) and Squirrel Pictures, Eagle Cam Updates

I blogged about my Orchids in previous posts. And I promised an update. Two of my Orchids are doing great! So, I'm doing pictures of them first:

This is my Cattleya:
Taken on 11/10 showing the buds just coming out of the sheath:

Taken on 11/17, using my finger to show the size of the flower buds:


Taken on 11/21 just to look pretty. This is the first time I've ever seen this orchid bloom:


Taken on 11/21 to show size of blooms:

Taken on 11/21 close-up to show detail -- pretty and fragrant. Looks like velvet:


This is my Dendrobium:
Taken on 11/10 showing flower spike with flower buds:

Taken on 11/17 with one bloom open:

Taken on 11/24 with two blooms open. Pretty, but not fragrant:


My Epidendrum taken on 11/10. Still looks the same today... Not sure what's happening here:


My Mini-Cattleya taken on 11/10. Seems like the sheath died. Not sure why. We had a hot patch of weather while it was still outside and it might have gotten too dry. The Cattleya above was in the same environment. But it might have been better able to handle it since it's a larger plant. Maybe I'll have better luck with this one next year:

And a couple of random pics that were on my camera when I downloaded it... This is one of my Camellias. I love Camellias. They bloom in the cold weather when just about nothing else is in bloom. This particular one has a fragrance too -- kinda spicy.

And this is a regular visitor on my back deck. I had a bag of bird food that was infested with moths. (So annoying.) I put the bag outside so they wouldn't infest my house... Picture is taken through window and screen. Talk about being in hog heaven:

And in Bald Eagle news, it looks like the Northeast and Southwest eagle cam nests will both have two eggs this year. If either nest was going to have a third egg, it would have been laid by now. I checked in on both cams this evening and Moms were on the nest, incubating/sleeping. Seemed really cold and windy at the Northeast nest... And I looked in on the Berry College nest -- no one was home. But that's ok, since there aren't any eggs yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment