Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Berry College Bluebird, Two Harbors, Dyfi Osprey, and White Rock, and Bald Eagles Camellia and Grace Check In

No post in a couple of days, so I've got some catching up to do!

The lone hatchling at the Berry College Bluebird nest is growing up. Here's a series from the last time I posted its picture. 7/29:

7/30:

7/31:

8/1:

8/4:
8/5:


I caught a poop-packet being removed on 8/4:

And today I saw the eyes open for the first time.

The feathers are coming in really well.

This cricket was fed to the baby, but it somehow ended up in the nest. The next time that a parent came to the nest, they picked it up and fed it to the baby.

The Two Harbors fledgling spent last night in the nest. Shortly after the IR cam turned off, she started calling.

Big stretch:

Another big stretch:

Time to head out and look for breakfast:

I've got several day's worth of s'caps of the Montgomeryshire Wildlife Trust's Dyfi Osprey Project  nest. First, here's 8/3, and it looks like a lazy day at the nest. I had fun watching them take turns napping: 





They seem to be having a chat...


I think this one's my favorite from the day.

And then the peace was broken by a fish delivery.

It looks like the fledglings' bands are 3R and 5R.

That's a big fish. Flounder?

 
So funny, one trying to eat off of one end while the other tries to eat off of the other end.

Those were all from 8/3. This one is from 8/4. I have no idea what has fallen down in front of the nest. I'm not sure who is on the perch in the background.

This morning when I brought up the cam, I found this great close-up. I only got one s'cap before they zoomed back out -- but it's a good one! Love, love, love this s'cap!

And then gone!

They adjusted the camera to include the high perch.

A few minutes later and there were 3 on the high perch, with the one in the middle eating.


Then the one on the left flew, caught in the lower left corner of this s'cap:

Here is one of Christian Sasse's pictures of the White Rock nest, posted here with his permission:

Bald Eagle Camellia checked in. Beverly Nettleton got some pictures of him! Way to go Bev!

Bald Eagle Grace is exploring her new world.

That's all I've got time for tonight. I'll try to catch up with the rest tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment