Sunday, August 24, 2014

White-bellied Sea Eagle Nest Days 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 Including the First Collage

I've been busy! But I have been taking s'caps. I just haven't had time to post them. So... Here goes!

Here's the White-bellied Sea Eagle nest. This is from 8/19, shortly before sunrise, day 7:

I was on the phone with my Mom recently and told her that the White-bellied Sea Eagle has white petticoats. She said, "Petticoats?" I tried to explain, but a picture would have probably been better...

Breakfast in bed before the sun comes up. What a life!






The feeding is over and Mom is back to brooding when the cam shifts out of IR mode.

Here's a s'cap of the family, later in the day:

The chick is 1 week old on (their) 8/20. (For us, it's 8/19...) Here's the first collage. The chick is wet in the week 1 picture -- we had a rainy stretch and the baby got soaked several times:
 
I found Dad incubating on (our) 8/20, day 8.

Then we got to see the baby when Dad backed out of the nest bowl, using his wings here to keep his balance.

I only got this one picture of the little cutie-pie on 8/21, day 9. Look at how big the chick is now compared to the egg! They sure do grow fast:

On 8/22, day 10, there was plenty of fish in the nest! There's a whole pile of fish!

They had another spell of rain.

It stopped in time for another feeding. The baby had its choice of fish, fish, fish, or fish for breakfast.

Food coma!

I see you! So cute!

There was a bold fly on Mom on the morning of 8/23, day 11. There are a lot of flies in eagle nests because of all of the nestovers laying around.
 
 I love the early morning light on the nest.

Mom kept looking around calling.

The baby wanted to see what all the noise was about. I think it's so cute when chicks play peek-a-boo!

So cute!

Mom had been preening her chest. When she stopped, the baby looked up at her: "Hello, Momma!"

Look at that huge fish on the nest today, 8/24, day 12:

The baby was so cute. It tucked its head in for a nap.

Then they adjusted the cam so the adult's head wasn't cut off. I think they are so pretty when they face the cam.

That catches up the White-bellied Sea Eagle nest. I'll catch up some of the other nests tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment