Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Dog Rescue, Momo Hides in Plain Sight, Cat Island, Reusing Silica Gel Packets

Here's a feel good story about a blind dog that was living in a trash pile. She was rescued and her vision was restored in one eye. I'm so glad that there were people who cared enough to rescue her. She looked horrible when she was rescued. But they cleaned her up and she is a little cutie! And the difference in her demeanor after she is shown some love and attention is amazing. I also found a follow-up video for her.

This guy has a dog, Momo, who hides in plain sight. So, every day, he takes a picture and uploads it. It's like the 'Where's Waldo' pictures. I swear, I can't find the dog in some of these pictures... Here's a link to the story and here's a link to the most recent pictures. Love this dog!

There is a place called Cat Island. I like the pictures of synchronized cat grooming. Pretty funny. Anyway, neat place.

You know those packets of silica that you get in a new pair of shoes or a bottle of vitamins? I've always kept them and put them in a glass jar with a lid that has a rubber seal (jelly jar, etc) along with left-over vegetable seed packets. Store in the fridge and a good percentage of the seeds can be used during the following year. And maybe even the next year... Here is a story about some other ways to reuse silica packets and how to dry the silica for reuse.

2 comments:

  1. Oops, I responded to the wrong entry. Momo is a trip. I couldn't find him in a couple of photos either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't find him in one of the newer posts either. On 4/24 -- with the car... Can't find him!

      Delete