Saturday, July 25, 2015

Africam Black Eagle Day 58, Dyfi Osprey Day 54,56&57, Harrison Bay Eagles Day 118&120 HB8 Shoves HB7, Loch of the Lowes Osprey Day 62,64&65, Soddy Daisy Bluebirds Maybe A Day Still Before Hatch Watch

I couldn't get the Africam Black Eagle cam to work during their daylight hours. I checked back in later and got a picture up, but not a good view of the chick. But we can see the feathers coming in along the edge of the wing.

I think this all three of the fledglings at the Dyfi Osprey nest. The one on the post looks a bit ruffled since it had been preening and just brought its head up to look around.

I got to see both of the Harrison Bay Eaglets today. First, HB8 was in the nest.


HB7's arrival was an occasion for mutual animosity. I think the parents are feeding them less to encourage them to learn to forage. Or maybe food is less plentiful this time of year. It seems that they are now viewing each other as competition. I was hoping they would remain buddies and eventually fly off together... Wishful thinking, I know.

Check out this video as HB8 Shoves HB7 (4:28):

HB7 then stayed in the nest tree for a while, first on this branch.

Then in the nest.

We are treated to a pretty sunrise as HB7 moves over to this branch.

Later on, the cam was focused on the branches, then panned to the nest to find a parent had arrived. No fledglings came to the nest. So the parent ate the little bit of food that I presume it had brought. I felt bad that neither Eaglet got the food... I hope the reason they didn't come to the nest is because they were eating elsewhere... The parents beak is dirty from digging in the nest.

One of the eaglets came back to the nest later in the day. But I didn't see it with any food.

This is all three fledglings at the Scottish Wildlife Trust's Loch of the Lowes Osprey nest.

I mentioned Bald Eagle MB in a previous post. This wanderer has made the news up in New York.

I think tomorrow is still a day early to look for the Soddy Daisy Bluebirds to hatch. But if you don't want to miss it, you might want to start checking the nest tomorrow (7/26). There is also a chat window below the cam you can monitor to see if people are talking about seeing pips...

No comments:

Post a Comment