Sunday, February 7, 2016

Upper Mississippi River Eagle Trio Third Egg!, White-bellied Sea Eagle 2015 Season Recap, Africam Black Eagles New Pictures, Trained Bald Eagles

I finally got a look at the two eggs at the Upper Mississippi River nest. I've got a bunch of s'caps from that nest from the last 24 hours or so. If it looked like eggs or was otherwise interesting, here it is. These first few are looks at the two eggs:




Mom needed a potty break in the middle of the night.

One of the other two Eagles came to the nest after sunrise.


Looks like a duet. (No sound at this cam.)

Two eggs by daylight.


Then we get the whole family on the nest.





Later in the day, we get a wing up close.

There was a visit after dark. This was shortly before Mom laid the third egg. Maybe she was vocalizing as some Eagles do and it got the attention of one of the males.

Here's a video of Mom Laying The Third Egg (5:25). Keep in mind that this cam streams a series of stills, the frequency of which is determined by the demand on their bandwidth. So, I put the video at 2x speed to make the time go faster.

I got this s'cap after the third egg was laid, but it's so hard to see eggs at this nest. They need a zoom! And maybe better cam placement! I can't tell if three eggs are visible here or not...

This is the only other view of the eggs tonight. I'll try again overnight and tomorrow to see if I can get a better view of 3 eggs.

If they lay a fourth egg, it will be on 2/10... I don't know what to expect from a trio. They did have 3 eaglets fledge last year...

Here's a link to a recap of the 2015 White-bellied Sea Eagle (23:10)nesting season. There's some real gems here. Sometimes I had to replay a part. Some parts made me laugh. It's a really great recap.

Here's a link to some new pictures of the Africam Black Eagles.

The Dutch have trained Bald Eagles to take down drones. Check out this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment