Wednesday, May 8, 2013

AEF Eagle Nest, Ecuador's Yasuni National Park, Harpy (Jungle) Eagle PBS Special, Upcoming Southeast Raptor Center Eagle Release, Bald Eagle Bird Bath, KE's Location, Feathered Photography Blog

I have posted some pictures recently from the AEF eagle cam. I was curious about the Bald Eagles at that nest. They are non-releasable Bald Eagles that are allowed to fulfill their biological imperative to find a mate and reproduce. Here is their story.


I found a slideshow of Ecuador's Yasuni National Park. Slide 3 is a Harpy Eagle (Jungle Eagle). This is one serious Eagle. If you've never seen the PBS special on these eagles, you should check it out. Here's a link to the full video. The special is beautifully done and interesting to watch!

The Southeast Raptor Center at Auburn University is going to release a rehabilitated Bald Eagle on Saturday May 11th.

Here's a neat set of bird bath pictures. Bald Eagle bird baths!

KE's location has been updated.

I like Ron Dudley's picture today on his Feathered Photography blog. I got a picture of a bird like this once before. Not sure where to find it now though. I know I posted it on the forum...

1 comment: