Saturday, May 18, 2013

Camellia Checked in Today, Brown Thrasher Picture, Osprey on Feathered Photography, Pictures and Videos From My Trip to Las Vegas, Geese Leave the Mission Nest

Camellia has checked in. He hasn't gone far since his last check in. He must be finding plenty to eat without having to go very far!

Every now and then, a Brown Thrasher checks out the patio table where I sprinkle bird seed. This picture was taken with my point-and-shoot through a window (screen and glass) on max zoom. Despite all of that, you can at least tell that it's a Brown Thrasher. They usually stay in thick under-growth, so it's always a surprise to see one hopping along my back deck or up on the table having a snack.

Ron Dudley posted a beautiful Osprey photo on his Feathered Photography blog. He goes into some detail regarding getting a good shot under difficult lighting conditions. He says he will post some more Osprey photos from his trip. Can't wait!

I went to Vegas last month. Here's some pictures:
These first three pictures are from the Mirage. I think this is a variety of bromeliad. Very pretty.

And I love orchids:

I thought this light was pretty (if you're wondering what to get me for Christmas, hint, hint...). Seriously though, this thing is huge!

We went to the Botanical Garden in the Bellagio. There were a lot of beautiful plants along with plenty of whimsy:








This is the glass ceiling in the Bellagio:

And this is just one of those pure "Vegas" pictures that you just have to take...


I also took video of two of the water shows at the Bellagio:

Star Spangled Banner

Time To Say Goodbye

The Geese at the Mission Nest have left the nest. The last two eggs never hatched. After all the goslings hatch, the parents jump out of the nest and the babies follow. The parents lead them to the water and they stay together as a family, with the goslings learning to forage from their parents. I was running errands today, so I missed it. But I found a video of the big jump that Mochamama22 posted on YouTube. I'm so glad someone got video!

2 comments: