Sunday, June 28, 2015

Africam Black Eagle Day 31, Berry College Eagle Nest Visitor, Berry College Bluebird Hatch Watch, Dyfi Osprey Day 27,29&30, Harrison Bay Eagles Day 91&93, Loch of the Lowes Osprey Day 35,37&38, White-bellied Sea Eagle Egg Watch, White Rock Eagles Day 69&70

I slept in this morning. When I checked the cams, the Africam Black Eagle cam was already in infrared mode.

The Berry College Eagle nest had a visitor play Goldilocks today. (Thanks to Bebe1964 for letting me know about this!) This fourth year Eagle was making itself at home among the grass growing in the nest. It was laying down quite a bit, so I'm guessing the nest was just right!

It was checking out all of the perches -- and the camera. I think the perches were also just right!

We got some great close-ups of its pretty face.

It hung out for over two hours! The whitish head and dark eye stripe indicate that this is a fourth year sub-adult.

The Berry College Bluebirds are still incubating five eggs. I'm not sure exactly when they were laid since the camera wasn't on, but I'm thinking hatch watch must be soon... I'd start watching this nest regularly if you don't want to miss seeing them hatch.

At the Dyfi Osprey nest today, there were two faces down in front while one was positioned for bites of fish.

Both of the Fledglings spent a lot of time at the Harrison Bay Eagle nest today. We started off with a close-up of HB7.

Check out this video of HB7 sneezing during this close-up. I'm also wondering if HB7 has an injured beak. You can see it in the s'cap above. What I think of as the lip-line (although I'm sure that's not what it's called... But you know what I mean.) Here's the Sneeze... video (1:26). What do you think of that lip? Debris or injury?

At one point they both took a nap, while the parent perched on the back branch.

Then HB8 decided to pose for a close-up.

And look at this sight earlier tonight! It's been a long time since we've had one sleep in the nest. Then nest is empty now. But this was a nice moment.

I promised a video from yesterday of the two eaglets playing and rough-housing in the nest yesterday. Here's the Play Time video (11:37). It's kinda long, but fun to watch these two interact!

The Scottish Wildlife Trust's Loch of the Lowes Osprey are laying low in this s'cap. Can you imagine being a hungry predator circling overhead? They'd be hard to spot with their coloring.

The White-bellied Sea Eagles are on egg watch for egg number two. They typically lay two eggs at this nest.

What a beauty! I think this is Dad.

At the White Rock Eagle nest, one Eaglet got whacked in the head when its sibling jumped up onto the perch.

One of the White Rock Eaglets scared me today with its Precarious Perch (1:26).

No comments:

Post a Comment