Friday, June 12, 2015

Dyfi Osprey Day 13,14&15 Stingy With View, Harrison Bay Eagles Day 75&77 Trouble With A Pellet, Loch of the Lowes Osprey Day 19,21&22 Feathering Out, White Rock Eagles Day 53&54 Windy Morning

The Dyfi Osprey Mom was being stingy with views of the baby this morning during the limited time I could look. Dad is on the high perch.

The Harrison Bay Eaglets had some nice moments today. I've got some video that I don't have time to process and post today. But here they are being buddies. They had some really nice interactions today. This is HB8 on the left and HB7 on the right. I think HB8 is a male and HB7 is a female. You can't see their entire bodies in this shot to compare. But HB7's head looks much larger than HB8's.

One of them gave some really nice silhouettes today.

...and close-up shots. I wish there weren't any smudges on the camera...

Now for some funny pics. During the silhouette part of the day, the eaglet was actually having a hard time, trying to get a pellet up. I don't think it ever did succeed, but it sure did a lot head shaking and attempts to cough it up.

Spit! So cool in silhouette!

Yes, that's spit flying in both directions as it shook its head...

Working hard to get that pellet up.

I never did see it cast a pellet. But it wasn't for lack of trying. And it may have succeeded, just not visible from this view...

Look at the feathers coming in on the Scottish Wildlife Trust's Loch of the Lowes Osplets. They no longer need to be brooded for warmth, so we will be seeing a lot more of them as long as the weather is nice.

There's the third chick, in case you were wondering.

It was a windy morning at the White Rock nest. The IR cam hadn't turned off yet, I think I was running a little early this morning... The pair at this nest will throw their heads back and call very frequently. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment