Thursday, March 20, 2014

Berry College Bald Eagle Chick Day 26, White Rock Bald Eagle Nest Screen Captures, Turtle Bay Bald Eagle Nest Lost All Three Eggs

I only got a few screen captures of the Berry College Bald Eagle nest today -- day 26 for the chick. Getting some rest:

Starting to wake up:

A lazy wing stretch:

Did somebody say food?

There's always room for more food!

Dad's home! Can you tell that the baby is about 1 foot tall now!?

I forgot to include this picture of a sloppy bite from yesterday. I keep thinking that raptors must have fewer taste buds than we do:

And this evening Mom and Dad Berry went beak-to-beak... Here's a link to a video.

I tried to get a look at the White Rock nest yesterday to see if they had 2 eggs and couldn't get a look. But according to a few sources, there are 2 eggs now. If they are going to have a third egg, it would come on Saturday. Here are some s'caps of that nest from today:



In the above s'caps, I noticed the shadow on Mom's right wing up near her neck. You can even see what looks like a beak-shadow. I noticed it because it was moving...

So I switched to the wide angle cam and sure enough, there was Dad. Love this nest -- so pretty!

The Turtle Bay nest has lost all three eggs this nesting season. I'm not sure if they will attempt to lay a 2nd clutch.

No comments:

Post a Comment