Saturday, March 29, 2014

Berry College Eaglet Day 35, Two Harbors and White Rock Bald Eagle Nests, Bald Eagles KE and Camellia Check In

Saturday is my favorite day of the week because I get to record one more week's growth of the Berry College Eaglet! And today's picture marks the milestone of standing up!

Here's today's screen captures, including a better look at the standing picture.

It's a wet day. The baby is still trying to find protection under Mom and she's still trying to provide it. I'd still like to see more crib rails at this nest:

Here's the same stretch as yesterday. They do this a lot while growing up. I don't see the adults do this stretch very often.

Here's the same look almost. This is the "back up to the edge of the nest and poop" pose. I like how both of these pics show the new feathers growing in.

Tail feathers are starting to come in:


I haven't gotten a good shot of the edge of a wing in a few days. Including today... I finally saw a wing stretch, but from the wrong angle.

I got a family pic, but the eaglet is not very visible -- just trying to stay warm and dry...

And then I caught the eaglet standing up and taking a few steps! So exciting to mark this milestone! I feel like a proud Mom! I don't know if today was the first day for the eaglet to stand, but it's the first time I've seen it.

Here's the Two Harbors chick getting some fish from Mom:

And the scene at the White Rock nest is just as pretty as ever:

Bald Eagle KE has checked in. She's been exploring...

Bald Eagle Camellia has also checked in. Did he cross paths with KE?

No comments:

Post a Comment