Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Africam Black Eagle Day 82, Dyfi Osprey Day 78,80&81, Harrison Bay Eagles, Loch of the Lowes Osprey Day 86,88&89, White-bellied Sea Eagles Day 13 OD on Cuteness

I recorded over 11 hours of video of the Africam Black Eagle, and this is what I have to show for it... Yes, the stream froze... It's hard to believe this chick could fledge in a week... If it's the first hatch...

I hadn't caught anyone home at the Dyfi Osprey nest for a while, so I recorded overnight. The sunrise is pretty harsh on the camera, but I still caught some visitors to the nest. A crow...

...and some Magpies.


But here's my first capture of the day. Wow, what an artsy feel with the sun on the camera and the Osprey landing in the nest.

The sun is still harsh, but it's getting better. I don't know who's who, but there's one on the perch and one in the nest.

Turn around! Show me your band! Or bare leg! Didn't happen...

There's a bug on the camera lens (photo bomb!) when Dad brings a piece of lumber to the nest. Dad, we don't need any more guard rails!

Can't tell who this is when the right leg is tucked up.

Not helping...

There we go! Bare legs. It's Dad!

I can read the band here. It's W3, Brenig.

Two Osprey are stacked up, one behind the other. I hear the cows all the time on the cam. It's nice to finally see them!

Here's W2, Celyn. That's all I could identify today. W1, Merin, might be in one of the s'caps where the bird can't be identified.

It was raining at the Harrison Bay Eagles nest today. It sure makes the nest look pretty with all of that vibrant green grass growing in it.

There was a rainbow! Ooooh! Aaaah!

One of the parents was across the way in the pine. This was my only sighting of a Bald Eagle anywhere today.

Dad and FR3 or FR4 were in the Scottish Wildlife Trust's Loch of the Lowes Osprey nest today. They have posted a blog update of FR3 and FR4's travels as reported by their transmitters.

The babies are starting to get too big to brood. I think Mom is sitting on one and the other is head first from the front. That's some tiny hiney sticking out the front.

How cute are these two!? It looks like they are hugging, but they are actually just still being bobble heads...

Looks like one of these chicks is enormous compared to the other. Definitely a male and a female...

Another bobble head hug! So cute!! This is my favorite s'cap of these two chicks so far.

Food is plentiful and I think they are starting to tone down the sibling rivalry.

No comments:

Post a Comment