Friday, August 28, 2015

Africam Black Eagle Day 92 Wingercizing, Dyfi Osprey Day 88,90&92 Blue24 At Nest, Harrison Bay Eagles, Loch of the Lowes Osprey (From Yesterday) Day 95,97&98, White-bellied Sea Eagles Day 23, Service Dog Stories, Wildlife Rehab With Tape And Glue

The Africam Black Eagle didn't show me much today. Laying in the nest like always...

At one point it stood up...

Then (finally) I saw some Wingercizing (0:42)!

Something did happen at the nest today. A black bird came into the nest. Because of the motion it was all a blur. I saw the motion out of the corner of my eye. When I focused on what was happening, the black bird was darting all around and Kendi was very agitated. And just as quickly, the black bird took off. I don't know if it was an intruder (maybe a sibling from a prior year?) trying to steal some nestovers. Shortly afterward, Kendi self-fed. If the intruder stole some nestovers, it didn't get them all. Unfortunately, I wasn't recording... I would have loved to have been able to go back and see what I missed...

At the Dyfi Osprey nest at sunrise, there was an Osprey on the high perch and a Magpie brat in the nest.

Who's on the high perch? Oh my! It's Blue24! She has fought the resident female (Blue12 Glesni) to try to take over this nest. Click this link and make sure you watch the video...

She checked out one of the other perches.

Then she flew away.

Dad, on the left, delivered a fish to W2 Celyn.




She acted a bit agitated, then flew away with the fish.

Dad is sorely disappointed if he's looking for nestovers...

I could only go back 6 hours at the Harrison Bay Eagles Nest. This is the only sign of an Eagle that I could find.

I forgot yesterday to post these s'caps from the Scottish Wildlife Trust's Loch of the Lowes Osprey nest. I think this is FR2, since I couldn't see an antenna. He hadn't been seen for about a week and they had speculated that he had left on migration. Maybe not...

He moved around the nest for a few minutes. I feel certain I'd have seen an antenna if this was FR3 or FR4. Maybe it was a visitor?

He didn't stay for long...


I just love these White-bellied Sea Eagle babies! They both seem to be doing fine.

It's like they are posing for their adoring fans!

They are keeping each other warm. Their high temperature today is 67 degrees, not bad.
 
Check out these funny and touching service dog stories.
 
Here's an article about wildlife rehab with tape and glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment