Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Africam Black Eagle Day 90, Dyfi Osprey Day 86,88&89, Harrison Bay Eagles, White-bellied Sea Eagles Day 21, Spectacular Tail Feathers!, Jimmy Stewart with Johnny Carson

Technically, the Africam Black Eagle is old enough to fledge now. but I haven't seen any wingercizing to indicate that it is getting ready to go. Not that I have watched this nest much. It keeps freezing... It's supposed to wingercize for about 3 weeks prior to fledging. Has anyone seen it wingercize? At all?

This is the only shot of the Dyfi Osprey that I was able to get today.

On the 24th I got some video of the Magpie harassing W2 Celyn. I boiled it down to a half hour (this all occurred over an hour). Check out the Celyn & The Cheeky Magpie video (32:08):

It was a pretty day at the Harrison Bay Eagle nest.

One of the adults took off from the large pine, heading toward the nest.

I like when they stay in the nest tree over-night.

Mom and Dad puttered around in the nest.


A higher camera angle would have been great. Oh well, I don't control the cam... I'm not sure what they were trying to figure out here.

They picked their perches for the night.

The infrared cam turned on.

It took me a while to realize they were both in this frame. I like the lazy foot hanging over the edge of the branch. I think that's Mom and Dad is down below.

There is still a marked size difference between the White-bellied Sea Eagle chicks.

That's an impressive poop shoot!

SE15 doesn't realize how small he is, taking a pot-shot at SE16.

SE16 laid him out!

SE15 was quick to bounce back up.

But SE16 soon dominated him.

SE16 gave up.

And peace was restored at the nest.

And check out these birds with their awesome tail feathers. Make sure you watch all of the videos. These birds are spectacular!

Here's a link to an article and piece of video from when Johnny Carson was the host of the Tonight Show. It's Jimmy Stewart reading a poem about his dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment