Sunday, August 23, 2015

Harrison Bay Eagles, White-bellied Sea Eagles Day 18

I didn't see much at the Harrison Bay Eagle nest today. There was an Osprey that visited the area...

We briefly saw one of the Eagle parents in the tall pine where they like to perch.

It didn't stay very long... See the white and brown streak heading down to the right?

The size difference between SE15 and SE16 is so remarkable at the White-bellied Sea Eagle nest. I'm starting to be concerned for SE15.

They are both getting bites during their feedings and I've not seen much sibling rivalry lately.

They are both just as cute as can be!

Look at the size difference! I'm worried that SE15 might have something wrong with it. Or, it could just be that SE15 is a very small male and SE16 is a very large female. Time will tell...


It's currently pouring at the nest and Mom is doing her best to keep the babies warm and dry.

I found some videos by liberty1998 of Mom and Dad not handling the wind very well. This first one is from August 4th of Mom being blown off of the eggs (0:49).

And this one of Dad being blown off of the eggs on July 12th (0:35).

And this one of Dad missing the landing when it was windy and Mom being blown about (1:03).

I saw a Bald Eagle flying over my neighborhood today. That always makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment