Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Africam Black Eagle Day 104 Fledge Watch Continues, Big Sur Condor Day 117, White-bellied Sea Eagles Day 35, Discarding Trash, Birds Using Fur, International Space Station

No fledge today at the Africam Black Eagle nest. I had other s'caps from today, but can't find them. If I can find them, I'll post them tomorrow. The chick is perching up on the rocks in the s'caps I can't find... I guess that's the equivalent to branching.

I have no idea what to expect for a progressing with the Big Sur Condor chick. There is a month long window when it might fledge. I guess we'll just watch and wait!
 
Dad came by for a feeding. Red67 on the wing is "Kingpin." He is the boss of this flock.

I think this chick is getting fed every day.

Here's a video of the Feeding With Dad (3:53):

The White-bellied Sea Eagle chicks were awake early.

They were looking around.

They eventually came beak-to-beak. There were a few nips, but nothing serious.

The IR cam turned off and the nest was suddenly in color.

The parents are always close by.

Look at how big SE16 is! These babies change every day.

It looks like we will see their backs for feedings...

Here's the whole family.

SE16 is a lot more steady when standing. It will be awhile before they stand upright. For now, they will appear bent over.

SE16 did a poop shoot without falling over.

Oh my! What big wings you have already! I'd say those wings are at least a foot long.

They are both feathering out nicely. It looks like SE16's feathers are starting to open up after coming through the shaft. SE15 still looks like pin feathers. I am still amazed by the differences in these two chicks.

Here's a story that reminds us all to be responsible when discarding our trash.

Birds like to use fur to line their nests. This bird wants it to be fresh!

Here's a way cool time-lapse of the International Space Station transiting across the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment