Thursday, September 17, 2015

White-bellied Sea Eagles Day 43, Loch of the Lowes Osprey Tracking

I am amazed at the rapid growth of the White-bellied Sea Eagles. I thought Bald Eagles grew up fast... These two chicks are amazing! I've also never seen such a pronounced size difference between two siblings. SE15 on the right is about the same height while standing as SE16 while sitting.

Then SE16 stands up and does some wingercizing and towers over SE15. I saw some juvenile picking at each other. Reminds me of kids, "Mom, she's touching me!" followed by, "He was looking at me!"

Look at this! I think SE16 is up on the crib rails here. But still, the difference is amazing!

Its even easy to tell them apart just by looking at the size of their heads.

Loch of the Lowes Osprey FR4 has now traveled 3,100 miles! I wonder how far she is planning on going. She is operating on instinct, so we'll have to see where she ends up. FR3 is still vacationing in France. Also operating on instinct. Go figure! You can check out their travels here.

From what I can tell, nobody has seen the Africam Black Eagle fledgling Kendi recently. I have checked the Harrison Bay Eagle nest yesterday and today and haven't seen Mom or Dad either day.

I've had some disruption in my life recently between losing my internet for a couple of days earlier in the week and some other stuff going on. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a workable routine going again before the Bald Eagles start nesting in earnest! I've missed the Condor chick recently, I'm going to check on that nest tomorrow for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment