Monday, September 28, 2015

Bald Eagle Ozzie Back At CROW, Harrison Bay Eagles Nestorations, White-bellied Sea Eagles Day 54, Last Night's Super Moon Lunar Eclipse

Bald Eagle Ozzie, the male resident of the Southwest Florida nest, has been scrapping with M15, who is trying to become the resident male. Ozzie is back in the hospital with a broken toe on each foot and various other injuries. No other breaks though. I fear that he may lose his territory if he is kept away from the nest for another extended period of time. Here's a link to CROW's web site, the animal hospital where he is getting treatment.

I was hoping for a better view of the Harrison Bay Eagles than just this shot of one of the Eagles in the big pine.

I got my wish with first one in the nest tree...

...then both in the nest and working together (?) to do some nestorations.

Here's a video of the evening's nestorations (7:36):

The White-bellied Sea Eagle chicks come to the food now.

They are both filling out nicely.

Zoomer gave us some nice close-ups of the chicks.

What a pretty face. I can see why the adults are so beautiful!

I thought they were so cute, peeking out through the branches.

Peek-a-boo! SE15 is almost completely blocked by SE16. 

I had a lot of cloud cover last night, so I only got a few pictures of last night's Super Moon Lunar Eclipse toward the end of the event:



I only got a few brief glimpses of it while it was red, and there were so many clouds I couldn't get any pictures during that phase. So check out this slide show of last night's Super Moon Lunar Eclipse.

No comments:

Post a Comment