Friday, March 15, 2013

Buddy T-shirts!, leucistic black bird sighting, SW FL eagles, lions, tigers and bears (oh my!)

The Wildlife Center of Virginia is selling Buddy T-shirts to commemorate his 5th Birthday! Order your T-shirt here. They are only making the number of shirts that are paid for by March 31st, so don't delay!

I saw a leucistic black bird today on a cam. It had white on a wing. I was wondering what kind of black birds they have in that part of the country (Indiana) with white on the wing. Then it turned and faced the other direction and there was no white on the wing. Then it flew away without turning back around so I could get a screen capture. I missed it today! But, I'm going to be keeping an eye out for it to return! (Note to self -- take a screen capture, then wonder about the bird!)

The SW FL eaglets are branching.  

And they had a cattle egret for dinner tonight. Seems like it was 95% feathers...


Here's a short video about the friendship between a dog and a lion.

This is a great story about one person's tiger conservation efforts. It shows that one person can make a difference!

Boo the Grizzly Bear makes an appearance. And this pic of Maxi the Brown Bear is too cute!

1 comment:

  1. great video of dog and lion, reminds me of my dog and house cat.

    thanks
    Danny

    ReplyDelete