Sunday, March 24, 2013

Eagles4Kids cam, Sooner Lake cam, Harris Hawk, Red-tail Hawk, bear cubs, tiger cub, leopard, brown bear

Yesterday, I mentioned the disabled Bald Eagle at the Eagles4Kids live cam. I got some screen captures of the eagles today. She was able to hobble across the nest. This is the female, you can tell her right foot is missing the toes:

In this pic, the male is heading out and the female is resuming incubating duties after returning to the nest. Good shot of the egg here and her foot. I don't know why this camera is tilted...


I think this eagle is an inspiration to anyone who is living with a disability!

And I finally got a look at the Sooner Lake eaglets. I'm not sure if I see three or four heads in this shot. The last I heard, there was a pip in the 4th egg. So, they may have four babies in the nest by now.


Here's a site with a few pics of a Harris Hawk. What a beautiful bird that is! We don't get these around here...

Check out these pictures of birds of prey on flickr. Over 98,000 pictures here...

Have you ever seen a bird that ate too much that it couldn't fly? Check out this story with video. I think they maybe should have left this Red-tailed Hawk alone, with people keeping away from it, to see if it would eventually fly away... Just my thoughts on the matter...

I don't know how three bear cubs end up in a cardboard box on the side of the road in South Carolina. But it sure makes for cute pictures.

There's an orphaned polar bear cub in Alaska. He made his first public appearance. Here's the story. And here's some video. There are two videos on this page and look at the size of those paws in the pic at the bottom of the page! This is a video of a different polar bear cub learning to take his first steps.

The San Francisco Zoo's baby Sumatran Tiger is now on exhibit for limited periods of time.

A couple of quick videos:

This leopard knows how to deal with paparazzi!

This bear is much more friendly!

No comments:

Post a Comment