Tuesday, March 19, 2013

NCTC and Alcoa nest pics, The Critter Window pics, Texas man sentenced, Osprey sighting

I had pictures for yesterday's post, and they didn't get into the post. So here they are:

It was snowing yesterday at the NCTC nest:

And I caught feeding time at the Alcoa nest:

These next two are from The Critter Window. I've seen a great variety of birds and a few squirrels on here. I like to put this one on my second monitor on full screen and it's like I've got a window in my office! In these two pictures are a Squirrel, Cardinal, Mourning Dove, Red-Bellied Woodpecker, and a Chickadee. I've also seen a bunch of Downy Woodpeckers, White-Bellied Nuthatches, Mallards, and Wood Ducks. There is always something going on here.




Many of you may remember the guy in Texas that wanted to grab a baby Bald Eagle because he wanted to train it in falconry. Then he lied about it when he got caught. He was sentenced and it looks like they threw the book at him. Good! Here's the story.

I spotted three Osprey flying together today in downtown Hampton. I still haven't seen any activity on the two towers that I watch where they have previously built nests. Hopefully, I'll see them bringing new sticks in soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment