Sunday, March 3, 2013

Survey, Norfolk Eagles Forum, Eagle locations, NBG eagle videos

Over in the left column, under my bio, is a survey. I'm wondering what kinds of wildlife everyone might be interested in. So please help me out and take the survey! It's open for a few days. Of course, I will be including items about Bald Eagles and some other raptors. If I didn't include your favorite wildlife as a survey choice, please let me know in a comment. Thanks!

Great news! The Norfolk Eagles Forum is not going away! A great big thanks to MagInAlex for stepping up and saving the day! I'm going to keep my blog going anyway. It was such a helpless feeling when the Forum Admins decided to close the forum. So, I'm keeping the blog. But I'll also be posting over at the forum and helping out as a site administrator.

Azalea (2009 nest band HH) and Camillia (2010 nest band NC) have checked in.

Azalea checked in on 3/2 at 3:00PM. I believe this is Suffolk:
Azalea's location on March 2nd at 3:00PM

And Camellia checked in on 3/2 at 11:00PM. He is still hanging out around First Landing State Park:
Camellia's location on March 2nd at 11:00PM

NX (2011 nest) hasn't checked in since 2/25, when she was still less than 3 miles from where she was released in 2012. She wanders around in areas that don't have great cell coverage and can go for some time without checking in.

I came across the Norfolk Botanical Garden's archives of Eagle Cam videos. Here's a link. The videos are from the last nesting season, before Mom Norfolk died.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for all you'll be doing on the forum as well as Mag!!!

    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...your Blog has exploded in a really short time! I don't know where to comment on your Poll choices so I guess I'll just do it here. CCB is currently involved in research I've become interested in involving the comeback of the Atlantic Sturgeon population in the James River. That's why you have one weird vote for fish :-)

    http://www.vcu.edu/rice/research/research-sturgeon.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You found the right place to comment! Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. I must be weird, because I like fish too.

      Delete
  3. Hi all, Chris finally found a way for me to post. If anyone was going to the WCV eagle release on Wednesday, the date has been pushed back to Friday, March 8th due to the snowstorm predicted for Wednesday. Have a great day and thanks again chris7 for all you've done!
    PABirder

    ReplyDelete