Thursday, August 29, 2013

Bald Eagle Buddy Training Update, Hummingbirds on Feathered Photography, Dr. Bryan Watts to Give Keynote Address, Hawk Silhouettes

Well, I don't know what to say about Buddy. There is a training update posted for him. Something that Ed Clark said way back in the day, when they decided to keep him as an educational animal, has stuck with me. He said that some Bald Eagles develop problems when they reach maturity. And Buddy has been acting out lately. I hope that this is just a phase that he is going through... Here's a link to the update.

My other avian love besides raptors are Hummingbirds. I am so happy, the other day, a Hummingbird found my feeder and seems to be sticking around! Anyway, Ron Dudley has a new post on Hummingbirds on his Feathered Photography blog. The pictures of the Hummingbirds are great and the flowers are beautiful. I don't think those flowers grow around here. There are some butterfly pictures too. But I really love the Hummingbird pictures!

Dr. Bryan Watts, Director of The Center for Conservation Biology, will be giving the keynote address to the annual meeting of the Eastern Massachusetts Hawk Watch Association (EMHW) on Friday September 6th. It is open to the public. He will be talking about the Chesapeake Bay Bald Eagles. See CCB's Eagle Nest Blog for details. This event is in Medford, Mass -- which is where my Dad's side of the family is from. Wish I could go...

I spent some time poking around the EMHW site and found a page about identifying hawks by their silhouette -- which is very often all that you can see. Pretty good info there. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment