Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Dogfight Between an Osprey and a Bald Eagle, Bald Eagles in Ohio, More Screen Captures From The Deep-sea Exploration on the Okeanos Explorer

Here's an interesting story about a dogfight between an Osprey and a Bald Eagle. 

Bald Eagles are making a comeback in Ohio.

OK, time for more pictures from the deep-sea exploration. These are the last of the s'caps from Sunday... But... I've got a bunch more from yesterday and today. So, I'll just keep on with my normal post and then I'll put s'caps at the end... If you see the two red laser dots in any of my s'caps, they are used for measuring, with the dots being 4 inches apart. The last day of the exploration is Friday, so if you haven't been able to watch it so far, time is running out!

Anemones and coral on a rock.

This red crab is eating a Ctenophore (Comb Jelly)

The scientists were really excited when they saw this purplish coral. My favorite color is purple, so I liked it too. There's a shrimp on the right and I'm not sure what the translucent thing with dark blobs was. It was moving...

This Cup Sponge is hosting a Squat Lobster and a Brittle Star. There's a Red Crab in this shot too.

How cool is this?!?!?! A Sea Spider! I didn't know that there were spiders that live underwater. I wonder how closely they are related to land dwelling spiders, or if they only have that name due to the resemblance...

Ha! Photo bomb!

Doesn't this look unreal? Like, it's just too perfect...

Here's a Shrimp hanging out on some Coral.

It's impossible to find a rock that isn't hosting some sort of life...

I'm not seeing as many fish as I had expected...

At the end of the day, they bring all of the equipment back onboard the Okeanos Explorer. In the center of the bottom left quadrant is a piece of the equipment that they are hoisting out of the water.

This big block is another piece that goes into the water. I believe this piece contains the lights and cameras.

This is the last of my s'caps from Sunday. Tomorrow, I'll start with Tuesday's s'caps...



No comments:

Post a Comment