Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Disappearing Bald Eagle Nest, Update on a Bald Eagle's Bad Landing, Kentucky Bald Eagle Numbers, Off-Topic: Movie Score Web Site

A Bald Eagle nest has completely disappeared. The land-owner thinks the birds dismantled the nest themselves. But the Game Commission wonders what happened and offers a couple of other ideas. It's an interesting article -- read it here.

I blogged about the Bald Eagle that had a bad landing. I found an article today that includes more details about the rescue and includes two pictures. All I can say is... Wow!

Kentucky Bald Eagle numbers are soaring. This article includes a Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources map that generally shows where the nests are located. If you go looking for a nest, keep in mind that eagles are sensitive during the nesting season. If you want to observe an active nest, please keep a good distance so you don't disturb nesting activities. A nest can fail if humans disturb the eagles.

This is not eagles or nature. But a friend-at-work's husband has a movie rating site. I'm always looking for good movies and this site is pretty neat! So I'm sharing the link! (I've already got some movies on my 'to watch' list...)



No comments:

Post a Comment