Monday, March 9, 2015

Berry College Eagles Day 24&26, Video Of The Hanover PA nest In The Snow, White Rock

I've got some good videos from today. I've got sound on them! The first one is a coot delivery from Dad. There were already 2 coot in the nest. See there are two pairs of feet? I put in little red arrows.


And then Dad arrives and plops down another Coot on top. Check out this video. (2:36)

One of the chicks thought the Coot was a great addition to the nest! It was playing with its food. (0:48)

Then, when Mom came over to check out the Coot, the baby started to bite at Mom's beak. This chick was cracking me up today. I don't know if it thought it would get food that way? Mom just looked at it... It also gave a really good stretch, stood up (this is the first time I've seen one of these chicks stand up -- a milestone moment), and then it pooped. Here's the video. (1:50)

I've got a few more s'caps from today. One eaglet stretched out and then fell asleep with its wing over its sibling. So cute!

They both got fed while I was watching. The one in front has such a huge crop, it looks like it swallowed a golf ball.

Just thermal down at this point. I expect to see pin feathers coming in along the wing edges over the next few days.


I also came across a video of the Hanover, PA Bald Eagle incubating in the deep snow a few days ago. It's amazing to see an incubating Bald Eagle in snow this deep.

This is probably a good time to start watching the White Rock nest. We should see egg laying start within the next week or so. This is a beautiful area, I enjoy the scenery as much as the eagles at this cam. This is one of my s'caps from last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment