Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Berry College Eagles Day 46&48, Harrison Bay Eagles Day 2&4

There were three things that I saw at the Berry College nest today that I wanted to capture when I got home. However, I worked late and by the time I got home I couldn't rewind back far enough to get any of them... One was where there was a food delivery and the eaglets rushed the parent. I'm not even sure what happened since I saw it out of the corner of my eye. I think one of the eaglets grabbed the adult's foot thinking it was the food. I've seen that happen before and it always pretty funny. The second was some good wingercizing. And the third was a coot brought to the nest. They didn't stop eating until it was gone. And one of the eaglets ate the head without any problem. Here they are tucked in for the night:

I got a look at the Harrison Bay hatchlings, but it was sketchy at first. They must already be stuffed, because this looked like food coma:

The parent said, "Ummm. Hello..."

They finally woke up, and even though the parent ate most of the food, both eaglets still got several bites each.

This makes me think this is Dad. Dads always offer huge bites to the hatchlings. That's way too big!

That's more like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment