Saturday, March 28, 2015

Berry College Eagles Day 43&45, Nest Failure at Hays, Your Ideas Are Wanted!, Harrison Bay Hatch and Pip!

I did my taxes today. So, not a lot of time for watching eagle cams. I do love how the Berry College cam shows the flight corridor. Here's a s'cap of a take-off:

And a landing a few minutes later:

And this is how I left them:

They are reporting nest failure at the Hays nest. Both of the eggs have broken. I followed that nest last year. I was sorry to hear this. That was a fun nest to follow with three fledges last year... Mom is on the nest tonight. Her instinct at this time of year is to incubate...

There are a lot of hatches at a lot of nests... I might start following another nest that is hatching now... Which are your favorites that have hatched this week? I'd like a nest with a nice PTZ cam with a clear picture. And an IR cam at night. Sound would be good. Leave a comment if you have a nest in mind! There are so many nests now!

How about Harrison Bay? The sound seems a little garbled. But it otherwise seems to have everything. Here's a link to a short video from earlier today of the hatchling and the pip in the second egg. (4:28) The baby is so cute in this video, squirming around and chirping. Here's a still from that video with the hatchling and the pip marked with a green arrow:

No comments:

Post a Comment