Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Berry College Eagles Day 26&28 -- Rainy Day, Mom Eats a Coot's Head and Feeds Stringy Food, White Rock Eagles

It was a rainy day at the Berry College Eagle nest. Mom spent most of the day trying to keep the chicks dry:

I've got a couple of videos from today. Some things just can't be seen as well with still pictures. So for this year, I got SnagIt so I could offer videos...

This first video is Mom swallowing a Coot's head whole. I don't know how she does it or where it goes! Coot's head video. (1:16) Then, Mom tries again and again to feed something stringy to one of the chicks. Stringy food video. (1:45)

I've also got a video of the White Rock nest. I started recording the White Rock nest to show how windy it is there today and they started panning the camera right as I started to record. It turns out that dad was on a nearby branch. They showed him for a little bit, then the cam returned to show Mom in the nest, swaying in the wind. This nest is on egg watch! Here's a link to the video. (3:00) I also took a couple of s'caps to show the camera views this year. This is the close-in cam:

And this is the wide-angle cam. This is the one they panned in the above video.

No comments:

Post a Comment