Saturday, April 18, 2015

Bald Eagle Dad Norfolk & HE Nest, Berry College Eagles Day 64&66, Harrison Bay Eagles Day 20&22, White Rock Eagles Still on Hatch Watch, Dyfi Osprey at Home, Loch of the Lowes

I've got one blurry still from my visit with Dad Norfolk and HE. I can see the eaglets moving in the nest, but there's a lot of pine needles in the way. So my one blurry still is of one of the adults leaving the nest.

The Berry College Eaglets are having fun trying out the front branch. But first it's a flap here
 
A stretch over there.

Another stretch from the other eaglet.

It's funny how she backs up onto the branch while flapping.

She is making her way up the branch.

She's still not very graceful getting down. She needs to learn how to hop down instead of stepping down.

I like this pose!

There was a mob scene when food was delivered to the nest.

Can't tell who the winner is going to be...

Easy to tell the winner from the loser in this one.

The adult let the eaglet feed for a while before taking the food and feeding both chicks.

The Harrison Bay chicks are doing nothing but eating, pooping, and sleeping. Here's two of those things and some other family s'caps...






I don't see a pip yet at the White Rock nest. I took a s'cap, but darned if I can find it... Anyway, the parts of the eggs visible didn't show any pips...

I found the female Osprey on the Dyfi nest tonight. I was thinking maybe there was an egg. Not sure though since she seemed to be sitting high. So then I thought maybe laying an egg.

But eventually she got up and stood on the edge of the nest.

 I thought I was going to see a mating when the male landed...

...and the female seemed to be issuing an invitation.

But after a few minutes of standing around and stretching, the female left.

I recorded the Scottish Wildlife Trust's Loch of the Lowes Osprey nest for a while today hoping to get a close-up of the eggs. But I guess there was no zoomer at the controls. I love how Osprey eggs look. I'll have to try again. I did capture a couple of pretty scenes...

No comments:

Post a Comment