Friday, April 17, 2015

Berry College Eagles Day 63&65 Branching For Real!, Harrison Bay Eagles Day 19&21, Africam Black Eagle, Loch of the Lowes Osprey 2nd Egg!, Dyfi Osprey

The Berry College Eagles hit their branching milestone today. The female did some fancy footwork and stepped up onto the branch. She worked her way higher and then wingercized her way over to the other side. At one point, the male tried to branch too. I don't quite think his efforts met the definition of branching... Here's the Branching video. (6:16) And here are some s'caps. Earlier in the day, you could tell that she was thinking about that branch, but not quite getting up there:


 They got a good meal. The female is closer to the cam.

They contemplated life beyond the nest.

Then the female did a pirouette onto the branch while her brother wondered how she got up there.


Looks weird with only one in the nest...

We get some nice close-ups when they are on the front branch.


At one point, she wingercized her way across to the other branch. Then in this s'cap, she's stepping down into the nest.

I had video yesterday of Another Oops moment at the Berry College nest. Here's a link to the Another Oops video (0:28).

Here's a dry moment at the Harrison Bay nest during an otherwise wet day...

This morning before going to work, I checked out the three nests that are usually dark when I get home from work: Africam Black Eagle, Loch of the Lowes Osprey, and Dyfi Osprey. Here's what I got:

I got a good look at the Africam Black Eagle eggs this morning. Mom was on the eggs when I first brought up the cam.

Then she stood up and left the nest for a short break.

It didn't take long for her to come back, do an egg roll, and settle back down onto the eggs.

The Scottish Wildlife Trust's Loch of the Lowes Osprey laid the second egg today. I haven't had time to try to get a s'cap with all the time it took to process the Berry College Eagle video. I'll try for a s'cap tomorrow...  I did get these s'caps today before going to work. The changing of the guard:
 
One comes in the front door.
 
 
The other leaves out the back door.
 
 
Somebody was home at the Dyfi Osprey nest, but nobody is there tonight. So, no egg yet... This was the scene this morning. Pretty and a nice clear picture!

 
I'm going to Bald Eagle Dad Norfolk and Bald Eagle HE's nest tomorrow. Wish me luck seeing something! This is my first time visiting their nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment