Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Berry College Eagles Day 53&55 Sub-Adult Bald Eagle Intruder, Harrison Bay Eagles Day 9&11, White Rock Still Incubating

I didn't get any video of the sub-adult Bald Eagle that tried to get into the Berry College nest today. But other people did! On Berry College's facebook page is a great view from Cam 2 (with sound) of the altercation. That's Dad defending the nest. And there is video from Cam 1 and from the Approach Cam. Good job Dad! If you only have time to watch one, watch the facebook page. And if you have a little more time, watch Cam 1 video, but forward to the part where the intruder tries to come in the back door. That part is better on the Cam 1 view. The Approach Cam doesn't offer much. But I played it at the same time as the view of Cam 1 for a side-by-side view of the action. Here's some s'caps from today. I was trying to get something to compare the sizes of the eaglets to the parent and to each other. I don't think I was successful in getting anything that shows a good comparison:





I think they are still smaller than the parent. And I think one might be a male and one might be a female. But I'm going to wait a bit more on that one...

The Harrison Bay chicks are going to be getting more mobile. This little one was exploring today.

Something must have been flying overhead.

Zoomer found one of the parents perched nearby.

I love the sibling pillow!

The White Rock nest has about 9 days and then it's Hatch Watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment