Friday, April 24, 2015

Berry College Eagles Day 70&72, Harrison Bay Eagles Day 26&28, White Rock Eagles Day 4&5

The Berry College eaglets are enjoying the front branch. They've found a way to escape the nest!

The chick that was higher on the branch wanted down, but was blocked by its sibling. So, it hopped from the branch down to the nest. That's a new development.

The other sibling worked its way down the branch a little bit then took a little hop down to the nest.

I just like this one!

The Harrison Bay babies were very photogenic today. I brought up the cam when I got home from work (late) and found this tranquil scene. The difference in the feather growth is easy to see each day:

I rewound to see what I could find for the day.


Having an eye-to-eye moment.

These babies spend a lot of time preening. It helps their feather come in.

The eaglet grabbed a mouthful of grass -- having an interior designer moment.

I like how the feathers along the wing edges stand out in this s'cap.

Look at those big feet! The dark spot just behind the chick's mouth is its ear.

Dreaming of what's beyond the nest. They will find out soon enough...

I got these next four as a series of frames. I've never seen an eaglet hop before it could stand. But, here goes... Launch:

Airborn:

Will it stick the landing!?

Yes!

We got some nice close-up shots of Mom at the White Rock nest:


It was a pretty day:

Dad came by for a visit, landing on the branch then throwing his head back and calling:

I caught one frame where they were looking at each other.

We got close-ups of the babies too:

So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment