Saturday, June 7, 2014

Berry College Fledgling Day 105, Nest Cam Round-up: Hays, Two Harbors, White Rock, Berry College Bluebird

Today was day 105 for the Berry College Bald Eagle. I'd like to get a nice flight pic of B3 for the collage. One taken by an on the ground photographer. But for now, this s'cap (horribly pixelated) taken from the approach cam today will have to do... (If you have a good pic of B3 in flight that I can use in this collage, please let me know! I will give full credit.)

Here's my other s'caps of the Berry College Fledgling from today.



So funny, mugging for the camera.

Will she stick the landing?

Not quite... But she did catch herself...

At the Hays nest today, the eaglets were standing close to each other. I don't see this often. Usually, during the day time, they keep their distance. Then at night they snuggle together.



Look at he size difference between the eaglet on the left and the eaglet on the right. I'd love to see all three of them lined up...
 
This is a few hours after the above s'cap. They seek each other when it's bed time. So cute!
 
I had fun watching the Two Harbors eaglet today. She was doing her brand of "branching" today.

And even wingercizing from her "perch"

She ate some nestovers.

And then the fun started.

Wheee! Hop...

...land...

...hop...

...land.

 Then she jumped up onto the rocks at the edge of her nest.

The last I saw, she was showing off her wing bling...

 
There was a milestone today at the White Rock nest. But that's later in the post... Look at these two! I've never seen two eaglets as close as these two.

I wonder what they are talking about... (Actually, the one on the right is just moving some food from its crop to its stomach.)

Wheeee!



This was the milestone moment. Up on the crib rails. But be careful!

I prefer the safety of the nest for wingercizing.

Big stretch.


Back up on the crib rails here. It's like they are trying to escape the confines of the nest as early as possible.

The eaglet is feeling pretty comfy up there, even doing some wingercizing...
 
Mom Berry College Bluebird was awake late tonight.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment